Thursday 24 January 2019

The Role of a Teacher-Librarian

As the New Year approaches here in Vietnam called Tet I have begun to reflect on the time I have left here at the Canadian International School in Ho Chi Minh City. I will return to Canada in June.

 
I have truly enjoyed my teaching time here in Vietnam.  I am appreciated and valued by colleagues, administrators and especially the students. I received a Merry Christmas email from a student while on holidays so I know that I'm making an impact.

Here's what I hope to achieve by the end of the school year.

  • help the new incoming Teacher-Librarian get situated and teamed up with the amazing library colleagues I have here before I leave.
  • run successful Red Maple and Silver Birch teams of readers
  • initiate a small Battle of the Books team in HCMC with other international schools to promote reading
  • encourage students to develop a digital portfolio to showcase their great learning 
  • encourage teachers to create a professional digital presence for future career options

We will see how it goes!!

2 comments:

  1. It feels like you just left! I lied seeing your forest of reading books arrive. My gurls are trying hard to read as many as possible before we leave.. they've checked to see which are available on Overdrive so they can make the most of the last few days of school library access. ;)

    ReplyDelete