Tuesday 30 September 2014

EdCamp Barrie Unconference @edcampBarrie

http://edcampbarrie.blogspot.ca/
I had the opportunity to attend Barrie's first EdCamp on Saturday and I think that it was a great way to dig deeper and become more fluent in a few educational strategies. I really enjoyed the session conversations. It wasn't the how to operate the tech tool being discussed that was so compelling; it was the way the educators expertly explained the why. 
The educators who chose to share kept the students' academic goals in mind and explained how the students benefitted by using the tech tool. Their enthusiasm for student learning was visible throughout the discussions.

 I also loved the way the use of collaborative technology was woven seamlessly into the day- we took group notes that I can now refer back to!  I also thought the enthusiastic  edCamp organizers did an excellent job in all aspects of the day.  I have already started to try new things in my teaching that I learned from side conversations I had with many eager participants.  I look forward to future edCamps!  Maybe Peterborough or Hamilton?
It has got me thinking about how I might encourage the unconference concept for other school events.

No comments:

Post a Comment