Saturday 13 December 2014

Idea Lab visit at the @InnisfilPL

I have been hearing about the innovative  happenings at the Innisfil Library for the past year but last Thursday was my chance for me to see it in action.
Thanks to Melissa Harris and the rest of the awesome IPL staff we learned a lot and had a great time messing around in a hackerspace.  I got to try 3D printing, designed an object that used a vinyl cutting machine to complete it and I got to bring several colleagues along with me!  We were booked til 1:15 but we stayed way past our designated time.  The visit to the Idea Lab got me thinking about how a makespace might be organized within a library.
I asked Melissa if she would give us a tour of their Idea Lab and she eagerly agreed.  We saw the audio room, green space and video area but most of the time we occupied the lasercutter, vinyl cutter and 3D printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment