Wednesday 25 March 2015

Sharing Successes with @SCDSB_Schools Colleagues @oslacouncil

This month I had the opportunity to interact with 95 teacher-librarians in my school district as I facilitated family of school professional learning sessions.  I organized the time, locations and collaborated with other resource teachers to plan our agenda.  The learning sessions were created to improve the teacher-librarians' expertise but I went home each day pleasantly exhausted from all of my new learning!
Each of the six sessions were filled with positive energy. It was an opportunity to share and our teacher-librarians our perfect examples of co-learners.
I learned more about new teaching strategies, inquiry ideas and several engaging activities that are happening in our libraries.  We shared all of our successes on a common Google slide show so that all areas of the district could learn about them. The opportunity to ask questions and provide examples were invaluable to new and experienced teacher-librarians. The session times flew by as we were engaged in great conversations that helped us to go back to our respective schools and try something new.  Each session included the submission of a exit ticket to help guide our next learning session topics.
The teacher-librarians in my district strive to work collaboratively with all of their teachers in their school and often are the lead tech teachers in their buildings too.  This year despite the various interruptions with new software and implementation glitches my colleagues in school libraries have continued to move their students forward in their learning.
I'm honoured and privileged to call myself a resource teacher for this talented and dynamic group of teachers. We know we make a difference each day with our efforts.  I can't imagine what it would be like without our highly skilled teacher-librarians supporting our schools.  Their expertise and positive growth mindset is commendable and recognized by all of our stakeholders.

No comments:

Post a Comment